Monday, November 23, 2009

Losing Hurts ... but, the fight is still there ... better days are ahead!

As I went into the Clemson game, I still maintained my always optimistic outlook. After 10 games this season, I do not want to go down without a fight. Furthermore, I know the UVa team will not as well. That being said, the day and setting was perfect in Clemson's version of death valley.

Walking into the stadium, you could sense a great deal of Clemson pride as their own version of Orange flooded the area. For that, I respect them greatly. However, I did sense Clemson's excitement does cross the line of extreme arrogance and can eventually be the downfall of that program.

Going into the game, it appeared after an early fumble, we were doomed. But, the offense fought back with some outside the box play calling to go into the half with 21 points and only being down by 3. We even scored with no time left on the clock to end the half. For me, I was feeling deja vu from 2007. I was sure the second half would bring more. I was more than confident the defense could adjust and hold Clemson.

What happened was only 40 yards of offense for the Cavaliers and Clemson did enough to maintain their lead. Yes, another loss as the season draws near was certainly depressing and frustrating. But, I must admit ... I have nothing but respect for this team. Their heads are held high with pride and after all that has happened this season, they are still fighting.

With that spirit, I will take my chances against Va Tech. With that spirit, I know better days are ahead. You don't go through these moments without a turn back to where you came from. As a work colleague (who is a Clemson grad) ... UVa is a down a bit, but they will be back.

Yes we will ....

MEANWHILE, we need a spring board to get back .... what better than this upcoming Saturday!

Go Hoos!

2 comments:

  1. Nice optimism. You're team may fight, but they're still terrible. I'll have fun mocking your alumni in Scott "Stadium" Saturday. They do still allow football games to be played there, right? In fairness, brighter days SHOULD be ahead...with the firing of Al Groh. It will be a sad day for Hokie Nation when he's relieved of his duties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy this time ... I didnt realize how classless the Hokie fans were after being at the game Saturday. Yes, right now, you have and do own us. But, we will be back and I know you as well as the rest of the Hokies fear that day.

    ReplyDelete